How does AnyDesk unattended remote access work?
by Maria Alonso
AnyDesk offers many useful features such as the ability to use the program for unattended access to your remote computer, to cut and paste using the clipboard, to transfer files, to reboot the remote computer in safe mode, etc. Our software is also available as a portable application so you don't have to setup the program in order to use it. This is useful when the program is used to provide or receive assistance without running always in the background.
Our unattended access feature is one of the most used functionalities by our users. Setting up unattended access on a customer´s computer allows you to access their computer when the customer is not sitting in front of it, enabling you to provide unattended technical support at any time. Or if you wish to access your work computer from your laptop at home, this feature makes it possible. All you need to do is set a password in the “Security” tab of your work computer's AnyDesk settings.
How to set up Unattended access
1. Installation (remote PC)
The latest version of AnyDesk can be found directly on our website anydesk.com for download. Simply click on the "Download" button. Depending on your web browser, downloading will begin automatically or you will be prompted to select a course of action. AnyDesk is cross functional and available for Windows, MAC and Linux: https://anydesk.com/download
2. Configuration (remote PC)
In the first step set a computer name and password for the remote computer. All you need to do is set a password in the “Security” tab of the AnyDesk account. Additionally you can add this remote computer to your address book (only available for our Professional and Enterprise licenses).
If a password is set on the remote computer, you can choose to log in automatically. Just connect and wait for the password dialog to appear.
Check "Log in automatically from now on" and enter the correct password. You will not be asked for the password anymore for future connections to the same machine. This feature does not save the password itself. Instead, if the password was entered correctly, the remote machine generates a specific token. This token is like a special key that can only be used by a single AnyDesk client. This means that there is no way to retrieve the password in clear text, even if someone has full access to your computer.
Revoke the permission to connect to your PC
You have two options to to this:
- Change the password: Even changing the password to the same password again invalidates all tokens. This is useful if you entered your password on another computer, but the user there does not know the actual password.
- Press the "Clear all tokens" button. You can disable this feature entirely by checking the option in the security tab. Please Note: The already existing tokens will not be cleared by doing this, but no new tokens can be generated anymore.
Improving your AnyDesk Password
Make sure your password is very secure. Anyone who knows the password and your AnyDesk ID has full access to your computer.
- The best and most secure passwords are long, unique and random. (But if your password is long, you can spare a lot of weird characters that are hard to remember.) A password with more than 12 characters is highly recommended.
- Never use the same password across different online services, applications and accounts: if one of them is compromised, they all are.
- We also suggest that you change your password regularly.
- You can use a password manager to make this more convenient and ensure the highest level of security.
The versatility of AnyDesk makes your daily routine easy. Whether you are at home or at the office, our flexible product plans will get you the features you want for a price you'll love. Get started and order here: http://anydesk.com/order